[OM] Re: OM1 light meter

Subject: [OM] Re: OM1 light meter
From: "GJ Martin, School Geographical Sciences" <G.J.Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 07:47:06 -0000
Well I can honestly say I've never noticed this effect on my OM-1n and I've
never had any poorly exposed photos at all (well, apart from when I've done
under or overexposed on purpose), even when shooting in bright summer
sunlight in southern Spain. Maybe I've never seen any effect because I have
a big head!

I have really bad eyesight and the maximum diopter corrections offered
won't even approach correcting the view through the viewfinder for my eyes
so I wear glasses when focussing, shooting etc. and, again I've never
noticed any extra effect on the meter needle whatsoever. Maybe as many
people are likely to be myopic the effect of diverging lenses could limit
the effect of light entering the viewfinder? I'll have a good test when I
get back tonight.

Best wishes,
Gareth.

--On 16 March 2005 22:26 -0200 Fernando Gonzalez Gentile
<fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'd add to the answers already posted that using corrective and maybe even
> sun-glasses would increase the amount of light entering the eye piece due
> to light reflecting on, or refracting through the lens - while being as
> close to the eyepiece as possible.
> In this case, an eyecup with diopter correction is a must.
>
> Does the list agree with my experience?
>
> Fernando.
>
> on 16/03/2005 16:20, Der Eiserne Reiter at ferider@xxxxxxxxx, wrote:
>
>> All,
>>
>> a small question that I wanted to ask for a while: On my work-horse,
>> an OM1, the light-meter is sensitive to the light entering the
>> eye piece. In other words, when my eye gets closer to the ocular,
>> the light meter will react, going down by about 1 stop when the ocular is
>> covered. The camera is in very good shape, and was claimed to have
>> been CLA'ed when I bought it on the bay about 2 years ago.
>>
>> Is this normal ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Roland.

>> Yahoo! Small Business - Try our new resources site!
>> http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/resources/

>> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
>> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com