[OM] Re: [OT] Speaking of Glocks, was: Re: REAL photographers can apol

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Speaking of Glocks, was: Re: REAL photographers can apol
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 09:43:48 -0500
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
 >>Actually, the bolt struck his truck while he was walking between it
and a steel gate to unlock the gate.  The charge tunneled in wet sand
 >>between the truck and gate and caused a steam explosion that created a
 >>trench about a foot deep and four feet wide between the truck and the
 >>gate.  He was caught in the wall of sand that was thrown upwards and
 >>that threw him bodily over the top of the truck.  The Glock went off
 >>somewhere along the way.

Barry said:

Something like that can  ruin your whole day!

Actually, it was a bit worse than that.  He was off work for about three
months.  And a word of warning to those (like me) who love to watch
thunderstorms.  When the lightning struck, the sky overhead was fairly
clear.  He had observed an approaching thunderstorm and paid it no
attention since he guessed it was still 3-5 miles away.  Lightning
sometimes has a long reach.

Chuck Norcutt