[OM] Re: OM1 light meter

Subject: [OM] Re: OM1 light meter
From: Philippe Le Zuikomane <zuikomane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:21:47 -0600
Ahhh -- so much for penny-pinching. Thanks for the input!

And BTW, my OM1 does the same thing with stray light and I got an eyecup, which
beats wearing a sombrero .

Best,

Phil

(PS - I was asking in part because I'm the hapless owner of a pair of
Silhouettes that became airborne in a strong gust of wind one stormy night in
Houston.)

On 16:11, Simon Worby wrote:

>I'm not an optician, nor do I even particualarly understand lenses,
>but I think the focussing system already has lenses in it, such that
>the ground glass focussing screen *appears* to be about 6' from the
>eyepiece (rather than the 2" that the light actually travels!). So
>dioptric correction is a little more complicated as there are other
>lens alterations to take into consideration.
>
>A good optician should be able to advise.
>
>Regards,
>
>Simon

==