[OM] Re: Sending an Olympus on a world trip

Subject: [OM] Re: Sending an Olympus on a world trip
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 08:03:47 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martyn Smoothy" <mds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, 18 March, 2005 07:35 AM

> Probably just my ignorance (which is virtually boundless) but why would
VAT
> be due? The camera is not being bought/sold. On a couple of occasions I
have
> bought stuff from the USA & the seller has marked the item as a gift on
the
> customs document (not that I'd ever ask them to do such a thing) - in
which
> case no VAT/dues were payable.

Mailing costs would be minimized, ease of packing would be increased, and
the chance of damage would be reduced if only the camera body, with a body
cap, was shipped from place to place. Each person would use his or her 50mm
lens.

Count me in with what ever decision is made.

John Hudson
metro Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada