[OM] Re: New member

Subject: [OM] Re: New member
From: Daniel Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 09:23:55 -0700
AG Schnozz wrote:
> Since you seem to know your way around an aperture ring, let me
> suggest that you don't mess around with the earlier models too
> much and just get an OM-4Ti. This is the ONE camera that is sure
> to please. The differences between it and the OM-2S are somewhat
> dramatic in a couple handling issues, but the OM-4Ti is
> definitely the best of the best when it comes to OM bodies.

 Having just moved from an OM-2S to an OM-4Ti, I can second that recommendation
-- the OM2S is great (though in need of repairs, sadly), I still love it, and
one day I intend to get it fixed up as a backup body -- but the metering on the
4(T(i)) is just that much better. Multi-spot is great, but even just as single
spot, it's a big help not having to switch in and out of manual to use the spot
metering. The OM2S certainly does spot metering, but it's one more step to get
it to work, and so the 4's win out there.

 -- dan