[OM] Re: OT Another *Bay question

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Another *Bay question
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 17:28:15 +0000
But surely, anyone who is even the occasional purveyor of camera gear would
know that neither a dab of cigarette lighter fluid nor alcohol would come even
close to damaging the finish, yet would dissolve the goo and make it easily
removable with a swipe of the other end of the Q-Tip.  What's wrong with
cleaning up the stuff and presenting it with its best foot forward?  I don't
think I have a single piece of gear that hasn't at one time or another been
spritzed with a little lighter fluid, alcohol, or, my favorite, Windex.  I like
my gear clean and unsticky.

To quote our local redneck, Jeff Foxworthy, "If you've ever taken a beer to a
job interview, you might be a redneck."  Would you go for a job interview
without taking a shower, using a dab of deodorant, and putting on clean
clothes?  Then why is sprucing up the doo-dad you're putting up for auction any
different?  It's not deceitful or dishonest; it's just marketing.  I had a
course in that in college, but I don't remember much about it, except the
professor looked like Mr. McGoo and mumbled a lot.  I also remember he never
showed up on any day it snowed.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from