[OM] Re: OM [Re] Vivitar 2800 D

Subject: [OM] Re: OM [Re] Vivitar 2800 D
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 14:42:42 -0800
Geilfuss Charles wrote:

>       Never mind...I'll answer my own question. Found a manual and it only
>does normal auto. The "dedicated" flash shoe is only for the viewfinder
>ready light.

Vivitar did sell dedicated TTL flashes for M/P/O cameras. I have a 550FD
which does TTL on OMs in all respects like a T32 except it doesn't blink
the flash confirmation in the viewfinder, only on the flash, which may
be just my example's problem. It's also an upright design that raises
the flash tube much higher above the lens than a T32, making red-eye
less likely. Doesn't have the TTL connectors, of course, so only really
useful on camera or with the T20 Auto Connector.

Moose