[OM] Re: New member

Subject: [OM] Re: New member
From: Thomas Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 01:38:18 +0100

On 19 Mar 2005, at 00:43, Joel Wilcox wrote:

> At 02:50 PM 3/18/2005 -0800, you wrote:
>> "Timpe, Jim" wrote:
>>
>>> There's just something terribly wrong with this expression.
>>>  the champaign of Iowa City. :)
>>
>> Never been to Iowa City, have you?  They've got Herkys all over
>> town.  Champaign is just par for the course--considering that
>> the Hawks couldn't even make it past game one.
>>
>> I'll let you explain Herkys, Joel.
>>
>> AG
>
> Champaign is where the team that is going to win it all lives.  Very
> Urbana
> place.

Hey, I used to *live* and *study* there.....it's a good place....for
studying.....since there's nothing (and I mean *NOTHING*) else to do.
I took (believe it or not) LESS than one film in that city. Just
getting out of there fast was encouragement to finish your thesis....;)

Also, being a poor foreigner who couldn't afford to fly home for winter
break etc., I got to experience a real ghost town: over xmas, there was
I, and 3 squirrels, as inhabitants. I swear, if I hadn't bought enough
stocks to last a small war, I'd have died from hunger (or had to eat
the aforementioned three squirrels). each christmas.

I think I have a photo of those squirrels somewhere....

--thomas