[OM] Re: Sending an Olympus on a world trip - which model?

Subject: [OM] Re: Sending an Olympus on a world trip - which model?
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 11:44:31 +1100
> Charlie [mailto:Charles.Geilfuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
>       My vote would be for OM-1 or the XA in that order. If
> we are limited to one lens I'd prefer 35mm since the 50mm
> feels too restrictive.

Maybe we 50-lovers and 35-lovers could meet halfway, with,
lets say, about a 42mm. I've a 35RC in the cupboard that's
got itchy feet (I'd just have to check his health out before
he travelled).

If I had to pick an absolute preference, it would be "one
focal length for all" (and maybe even "one film (speed)").
That is what most interested me - what we all get from the
same basic kit.

I'd still be in it otherwise though.

Cheers
Marc