[OM] Re: OM1n with brown leather, OM2 dressed in daffodil yellow, and p

Subject: [OM] Re: OM1n with brown leather, OM2 dressed in daffodil yellow, and possibly a fang
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 14:16:34 +1100
At 11:04 PM 18/03/2005 +0100, Andreas wrote:

>For the REAL fanatic: Findings
>from my latest Yabe research -
>(no relations to sellers etc.)
>
>OM1n with brown leather - 7500234768
>OM2 with yellow dress   - 7500235214
>
>(were off-color leatherings ever offered by
>Olympus? Or always applied by third parties?)

I bought a red snakeskin covered OM-4 from Mr Fildes a few months ago. When
I first saw the photos I thought the color looked too bright and that put
me off a bit, I'm a any-color-as-long-as-it's-black kinda guy.

But when I pulled it out of the box the red didn't seem so overpowering and
I quite like it now. But I've got to draw the line at yellow, that's too
garish for my tastes.

To answer your question, AFAIK except for a few very limited special
edition models Oly only ever offered cameras with the standard black
covering. These colored covers you see are third-party offerings, I'd offer
a link but it seems to have gotten lost.

Andrew McPhee