[OM] Re: OT Pradolux

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Pradolux
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 15:08:56 -0800
John Hudson wrote:

>Interesting wording from the description:
>
>"Leica-quality lens and condenser system - for exceptional edge-to-edge
>image sharpness, increased brightness, low flare, and better contrast."
>
>I read this to infer that the enlarger does not use a Leica lens at all but
>one built by someone else.. Trading on the Leica name is the catch!

I think you may be inferring too much. I think the text section you
quote is by way of description of how the Pradolux is superior to the
Carousels; i.e. Leica quality is better than Kodak quality

Note the statement at the end of the description, "The legendary
Colorplan 90mm f2.5 lens is clear and the glass is bright and unscratched."

No connection to anything or anyone involved, just an occasional attack
of pedantry.

Moose