[OM] Re: OT Pradolux

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Pradolux
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 19:54:47 -0400
Moose ..... I did wonder about my choice of words after hitting the send
button. Only then did I look further down the advert and see the reference
to the Colorplan lens which is indeed a Leica name. On the other hand, why
did the seller include the word "quality" if in fact the lens was a Leica
product? I have two Leica M bodies and at no time have I seen any
advertising that they can [or do] come supplied with "Leica quality" lenses.
I think that goes unsaid. Even the Konica M-Hexanon 50/2 on my M5 body was
never, as far as I know, advertised as "Leica quality" but instead was
advertised as being closely, if not equally, comparable to the Summicron
50/2 which it might be. I do not have one of these. It is certainly no less
a performer than my 30 + year old 50/1.4 M lens barring only the legendary
"glow" and the "right" brand name on the lens barrel!

In a nutshell, perhaps the advertiser used a less than careful choice of
words in the lens descripton. Your  "occasional attack
of pedantry" serves to keep us all mindful of what we say. Thanks.

John Hudson