[OM] Re: Which 80 series filter do you use indoors?

Subject: [OM] Re: Which 80 series filter do you use indoors?
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 21:30:12 -0500
on 2005/03/19 6:43 PM, Moose at olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> ScottGee1 wrote:
>
>> I'd like to have an 80 series filter in my bag so I can correct for
>> indoor shots made with daylight color films.  Don't want to carry a
>> color meter . . . just something to help the lab and keep from having
>> too much orange in the pix.
>>
>> What do you use?
>>

> You imply that you will be using color neg film and having it processed
> and printed by a lab. In that case, I would try an 80D, to remove some
> of the warm tone without dropping the speed too much. The auto printing
> equipment should be able to do the rest.

I've had good success with an 82C, with only about 1/2 stop or so penalty (I
don't remember exactly). The lab was able to correct to where only a slight
warm cast was left. Since I'm not shooting a catalog that's actually good,
as it establishes place (indoors) and mood.

And it was an Olympus filter, actually. :-)

Andrew