[OM] Re: New member

Subject: [OM] Re: New member
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 18:37:45 +0000
It doesn't make much sense, tactically, for the commander to be out the
front.  They cannot see how the battle is progressing behind them ...

I and a naval commander once had a heated discussion with a tank
commander about this: battened down in his tank how could he hope to do
anything but direct his own driver and gunner to any effect?  The
"tankie" would have none of this and won the argument because, well
because he was a Brigadier (Brigadier General in the US) and 2 ranks
senior  ;-)

That's the Army for you ...

OM content: I was the RAF representative on the Brig's team inspecting
the Army's collective training in the Canadian wilderness near
Suffield, a few hundred miles east of Calgary.  It was a great place to
have an OM kit.

Chris