[OM] Re: Sending an Olympus on a world trip

Subject: [OM] Re: Sending an Olympus on a world trip
From: "Andreas Pirner" <AndreasPirner@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 00:07:18 +0100
I'll love to be part of it.

My thoughts (up till now -- through all those posts
at this topic):

When using a travelling body with personal lens(es):
What does the resulting photos make different from
shooting with personal body? Nothing. No way to
distinguish.

Limiting to just one lens (i.e. 50mm/1.8) may
increase phantasy in creating the pics. But
otherwise, see above.

Pretty much the same with travelling TRIP, or XA,
or RC, or [you name it].

All of above applies to using personal film.
Would be different, if film travels as well,
and each participant takes 1/2/x photos on
THAT film. The film then 'proves' travelling.
But as already stated: Danger of x-ray fogging,
being held hostage right before frame 36,
being commercialized by ..., who 'owns' the
final film etc.etc.

What I personally like much more are those
ideas of hats, gnomes, logos, to be included,
photographed by participants, using their
personal OM gear.

My idea to that: A mixture of modern time
internet wizdom and Oly's Photovision project
of the 80s. Create a OM-list specific unique
logo/item to be emailed(!) to each participant.
She/he creates/prints that logo/item from the
emailed material, incorporates it into a theme
photographed with whatever fancy OM equipment
available. And then: how about all shots made
on the same day? Promotes creativity AND
hectic stress ...

Advantages: Nothing to physically send, no VAT,
no customs, no shipping delays, no 'have-not-got',
no 'prefer-to-keep', no delay. Whole project may
be finished in a month or even less time.

Disadvantages: No well-travelled, one-of-kind,
touched-by-our-list-heroes OM body to hold.

Andreas