[OM] Re: Two kinds of OM bellows

Subject: [OM] Re: Two kinds of OM bellows
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 09:46:48 -0000
Hats off to Alan!  Thanks.

--
Piers

-----Original Message-----
From: olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Alan Wood
Sent: 21 March 2005 09:05
To: 'olympus@xxxxxxxxxx'

Piers Hemy wrote:

> I lerned something today!  In the sael way there are two versions of
> the
> 65-116 tube, so there are two versions of the bellows.  One is marked
> with positions for the 80/4 Macro lens to give repro ratios of 1x and
> 1.5x (e.g.
> for use with the slide copier) - I could never get the lens in the
> right position, 1x was always some way off the marking.  Hah! Guess
> what, the other version is marked with the same repro ratios for the
> 80/4 Macro, and
> the 80/4 Auto Macro.  I was using an Auto Macro, setting against the
> non-auto macro positions. They are 14mm apart.

This is the sort of information that my Olympus macro website is intended to
provide.  It is still under development, but it does include:

"There are 2 versions of the rail. The original version, introduced in 1972,
includes white 1× and 1.5× marks for 50mm lenses and orange 1× and 1.5 marks
for the manual Zuiko 1:1 Macro 80mm f/4 lens in conjunction with the Slide
Copier. The later version of the rail, introduced in 1980, also has green 1×
and 1.5× marks for the Zuiko Auto-1:1 Macro 80mm f/4 lens."

<http://www.alanwood.net/photography/olympus/auto-bellows.html>

Alan Wood
http://www.alanwood.net (Unicode, special characters, pesticide names)
List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com