[OM] Re: Sending an Olympus on a world trip - which model? (Part 2)

Subject: [OM] Re: Sending an Olympus on a world trip - which model? (Part 2)
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 08:24:44 -0500
There will be an issue for anyone who has to send it overseas and that is
with safe shipment / insurance costs.    Global Express Mail (fastest and
safest) for an OM-1 with 50mm lens ( 2+ lbs., shipping wt. 3 lbs.) insured
for $200 to UK $35, to Australia $30 (from NY)
Airmail Parcel Post takes longer, is less safe, cost less initially, but
charges more for insurance so total price is almost the same.

John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington, NY, 11743-4714,
631-424-2121, www.zuiko.com
Olympus OM Service since 1977