[OM] OM-4Ti back opening "spontaneously"

Subject: [OM] OM-4Ti back opening "spontaneously"
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 17:06:11 +0100
I have experienced the following problem with my
OM-4Ti. Two or three times in the last three
weeks, I have found while grabbing the camera
from its bag (Domke F-6) that the back was open,
not wide open of course, but the latch was loose.
Thus part of the film was sufficiently exposed to
the light that some pictures were lost.

The camera has not fallen, was not bumped, and
did not receive any shock. It has remained for
three weeks in and out of its the bag, while I
was travelling some rather bumpy roads in India.
In the bag, the camera was resting at 45°C on its
left side (the one where the back door closes)
and the mounted lens, on a foam pad at the bottom
of the bag. It has happened again yesterday: this
time, the camera was resting on its back (lens
pointing up) at the bottom of a small backpack.
When I took the camera out of the bag, the back
door was unlatched (and there was film in the
camera of course).

I cannot see anything wrong with the latch. What should I be looking for ?

Bernard