[OM] Re: Vignetting on digital 50-200

Subject: [OM] Re: Vignetting on digital 50-200
From: "Bob Whitmire" <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:58:03 -0500
> I've found with the e-1 hoods that they can be put on a little catiwampus
> if
> you don't pay attention (which often times I don't).  That may have been
> the
> problem, as why would you get it onn two corners and not all  four.

Humm . . . been following this thread because I have some 50-200 shots with
upper corner vignetting (nothing I can see on lower corners). Mine were shot
at ISO 200, f5, 1/500, but the wind was howling, the snow was flying and the
surf was crashing. I wondered if the wind (gusting to 50 knots), which was
almost head on, was playing tricks with the lens hood, which on this pup
seems quite long. Maybe even pushing it down a little so I got both upper
corners?

I was thinking of getting an after-market hood that's not quite such a
mortar tube.

--Bob