[OM] Re: Sending an Olympus on a world trip

Subject: [OM] Re: Sending an Olympus on a world trip
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 14:42:31 EST

In a message dated 3/21/2005 11:43:37 AM Central Standard Time,
steve@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I know  some folks have volunteered to be the intercontinental "jumping-off"
point  for the camera. I'm not sure I've seen posts from volunteers willing
_receive_ the camera from another continent. But it's obvious there will  be
some significant charges incurred.

I would be willing to  contribute toward a general fund to reimburse
those people
who end up  paying VAT/GST, large shipping costs, etc. With, say, 40
participants, it  would take only US$2 or 3 per person to defray the extra
costs. If there's  money left over, maybe it should go to Andrew for procuring
the domain name  and to help pay for the space. If we start running out of
money, it's time  to pass the hat (no, not _that_ hat!) again. PayPal probably
would work  well; I think most members have some way to forward funds
like  that.

I bet we can get it across the pond sometime during the shoot.  I'll  have
friends traveling that way in August, whom I could probably prevail upon to
mail it to someone from England.  Would that help to escape the dreaded  VAT?
I'm sure there are others who might be able to do the same.  No  Vat coming
into
the states.  Bill Barber