[OM] Re: OM-4Ti back opening "spontaneously"

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-4Ti back opening "spontaneously"
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 00:03:09 +0100
>To check for alignment, close back until latches just touch.  Eyeball the
>latch locations.  Gently flex entire back until latches line up.

You mean that the latches should line up in such a way that the back
latch should engage between the body latch and the metal plate
separating the body latch from the film cartridge?

>NEVER bend
>latch with pliers as it is tack welded on and may break off.

I don't really dare flexing the back... But I notice that if I press
gently sideways (from left to right) on the right side of the back
while closing it, the back seems to close much more tightly (and the
sound is different too). Maybe this will do the trick from now on.

Bernard