[OM] Re: On cameras and scams

Subject: [OM] Re: On cameras and scams
From: James Royall <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 22:49:24 +0000
As I had been thinking that the shutter on the E-300 was quite quiet
since I've had it, I had to waste a couple frames of film and do a
direct comparison with my OM-4 and OM-2n. I would say the shutter
action on the E-300 is quietest, and certainly has less of a metallic
clunk (a sound that I enjoy, particularly on the 2n), making the
overall sound softer. It has the whirr after the shutter fires of the
action being reset, but all in all I would say it's pretty unobtrusive.
Is the OM-1 quieter than later integers?

James