[OM] Re: #085

Subject: [OM] Re: #085
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 16:34:16 -0800
GeeBee wrote:

>Hi Chris,
>
>I think it is a nice scene but I also think it helps that I stick to the
>rules :-) Thanks for looking.

I'd go with nice scene, not rule of thirds.  Church tower is 25% from
left edge, not 33%, let alone the 38% of the golden mean. Horizon at
about 42-43% from bottom.

Not carping, as I subscribe to the rule of what looks good to me, not
the rule of whatever. And this one looks good to me. :-)

>From: "Chris Barker" <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>Subject: [OM] Re: #085
>
>>An interesting composition Graham.  I suppose that it works so well
>>because the horizon is one third the way up at either end, and the
>>church, which stands out well despite the distance and its resultant
>>size, is at the intersection of the thirds.
>>
>>Or it is just an enjoyable scene;  I do like those painterly clouds ...

Me too. Clouds are just more interesting more often in some places than
others, I think. One thing I really regretted about screwing up that
roll of film in Maine was some amazing cloud/sky shots I lost. I know
Montana is Big Sky Country, but Maine has some too.

Moose