[OM] Re: #088

Subject: [OM] Re: #088
From: "GeeBee" <geebee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 19:10:52 -0000
Hi Earl,

Carbon fibre fishing poles are de  rigueur with the fishing fraternity over
here. They add extension after extension and occasionally lift them into the
air making contact with overhead power lines which results in the angler
getting fried instead of the fish.

They pack an incredible amount of gear for their hobby:

http://www.geebeephoto.com/2005/Temp.htm

I watched that guy for a few minutes thinking he must be crazy to tote all
that equipment from his car, which was parked several hundred yards away,
just to catch a few fish. Or not, as the case may be.

After a while I hefted my 20lb camera bag back onto my shoulder, picked up
my heavy duty monopod and waddled off to complete my 5 mile walk. Looking to
catch a few photographs. Or not, as the case may be :-)

--Graham