[OM] Re: #088

Subject: [OM] Re: #088
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 19:30:55 -0800 (PST)
> Carbon fibre fishing poles are de  rigueur with the fishing
> fraternity over
> here. They add extension after extension and occasionally lift
> them into the
> air making contact with overhead power lines which results in
> the angler getting fried instead of the fish.

I used half dozen fiberglass version of those things to support
high-gain WiFi antennas 30 feet in the air.  Whippy, but strong.
Until a section decides to slip and the whole thing collapses
downward. I had pieces of fiberglass everywhere!

It is funny how we tend to think other people's hobbies have odd
characteristics.

AG