[OM] Re: Anyone been to Abuja, Nigeria?

Subject: [OM] Re: Anyone been to Abuja, Nigeria?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 05:55:49 -0500
Dean asked:
I am going to Abuja, Nigeria for work and was wondering if anyone on
this list has any insider information.  Currently, I am thinking of not
bring much camera equipment.  I have read there is quite a bit of street
crime, but don't know if this true.  I may just bring an OM and 50mm or
I have been contemplating buying an Epic or XA.  Any thoughts?

I've never been there but your concerns are not only well placed but may
be considerably understated.  Street crime is not quite the word for it.
Check the US State Department's asessement  of the situation here:
<http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_928.html>
and then ask yourself if this trip is worth the risk.

Good luck,
Chuck Norcutt