[OM] Re: 2005 Predictions

Subject: [OM] Re: 2005 Predictions
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 22:19:05 -0500
Very good news for Oly if it does indeed comes true.

The one that concerns me is "Traditional dealers fail."  As Thom
mentions, a number of us have been talking about this for a while.  I
worked in retail a couple decades ago so I have a sense of that
channel and know that 'prediction' has already come true for a lot of
small dealers.  I'm already on record pondering the fate of KEH.
They're holding a stupefying amount of inventory in film based gear.
With few exceptions, that stuff is going to do nothing but drop in
value - a lot.  Those of us who continue to enjoy shooting film will
probably end up setting up our own networks to exchange equipment.

Oh.  Well.  I guess we're already doing that!  ;o)

FWIW/ScottGee1