[OM] E1 Zoom--I could be convinced

Subject: [OM] E1 Zoom--I could be convinced
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 11:52:37 -0800 (PST)
I've got to say, that the 14-54 lens that came with this E-1 is
beyond outstanding!  Very little optical distortion
(barrel/pincushion) and very close focusing!

Oh, I had a minor technical issue and also needed to order the
adaptor. What is it with Olympus America technical support these
days?  Friendly, fast and complete.  This isn't the same OA that
I did battle with 10 years ago.

So far, knock on magnesium, it's a keeper.

Just don't leave the battery out overnight. It erases your
settings.

Now, I'm niggling here, but help me out. How do I set up the AEL
for instant spot metering?  Also, I found out how to change the
dials around abit for P/A/S, but not M.

Did you know that the E-1 with 14-54 is almost identical in
size/shape/weight to my OM-4, with Winder-2 and 200/4?

Any thoughts that the 20D was the way to go have been
effectively neutralized. Even my idiotic test shots rock! ISO
400 is absolutely not a problem.  3200 is a disaster, but
actually about the same as my A1 at 400.

But that lens is definitely a "Wow!"

AG (the joy of new toys) Schnozz