[OM] Re: Figuring out depth of field with 4/3 adaptor

Subject: [OM] Re: Figuring out depth of field with 4/3 adaptor
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 15:10:11 +0000
Perhaps someone would explain to me why the DOF would be any different from
what the scale on the lens indicates.  It's still a 24mm lens, and just because
it's on a digital whatzis that captures only the central portion of the
projected image, making the FOV equivalent to a 48mm lens on a real -- excuse
me -- on a film camera, shouldn't change the DOF.  Should it?  Would it?  Does
it?

If I duct tape my 150/5.6 Schneider Symmar to the proper extension tube
combination and attach it to an OM body, the DOF in the little-bitty bit I
capture on 35mm film would be the same as the DOF in that same central portion
on a 4x5 in. piece of film.

Please show me the error in my thinking and give two examples.

Walt, using an analog analogy

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --