[OM] Re: OT eb*y feedback protocol

Subject: [OM] Re: OT eb*y feedback protocol
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 18:14:56 +0100
Jez Cunningham wrote:

> Excuse the OT subject but what's the etiquette on leaving
> feedback - who leaves it first?  When the seller gets paid,
> or when the buyer receives the package ok, or both at the
> last minute?

I don't think there is a standard protocol. Many vendors don't leave
feedback on receipt of payment (which I think they should) because they
want to leave themselves the option of retaliatory negative feedback if
the purchaser complains.

My own feedback policy is at:
http://cgi3.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=s.e.worby; I
commend it to the house (but then, I would).

I *refuse pointblank* to leave feedback first as a purchaser, and as a
vendor *always* leave immediate feedback when I have received payment.

Regards,

Simon