[OM] Re: Figuring out depth of field with 4/3 adaptor

Subject: [OM] Re: Figuring out depth of field with 4/3 adaptor
From: "Michael R. Collins" <michael789@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 17:29:46 -0500
>I thought what we were talking about was photographs made with the
>same focal length lens, the difference being whether the full image
>was captured, as a full-frame camera would do, or just the center,
>as in a half-frame or 4:3 digital camera.

I didn't save the original post, I'll have to wait 'til the morning
to fetch it from the list archive, but... I thought (perhaps
mistakenly) that we were talking about an OM lens on an E-1 with
adapter, and whether its DoF markings [originally calculated for 35mm
film format] were useful, with or without conversion factor. If
that's the case, I still claim the DoF is different for a same-size
print (i.e., greater enlargement from the 4:3). Apologies if my
short-term memory is faulty :-( .

Michael
--
Michael R. Collins  ...  Michael.Collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx