[OM] Re: OT eb*y feedback protocol

Subject: [OM] Re: OT eb*y feedback protocol
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 00:55:16 +0000
Well, I may be doing it wrong, but as a buyer, if I've received the item in a
timely manner, and if it is as described and I am pleased with what I've "won,"
I instantly (at least within 24 hours) leave positive feedback for the seller.
I think of it as the seller sending me a question (the item) and waiting for me
to say yea or nay (the item is as advertised or not).

I've had sellers a couple of times leave feedback for me as soon as they
received payment, but that's been the exception rather than the rule.  Always
seems to me like they're saying they're just glad they got my money, whether
I'm happy about the deal or not, like that's the end of it.  I think the onus
is on the seller to express satisfaction, then for the seller to respond.  For
the seller to do so first strikes me almost as a pre-emptive effort to coerce
or intimidate the buyer into responding in kind, to be a nice guy too and not
bitch about the missing lens cap or the cleaning marks or the bent ****ing
prong on the prism finder.

Of course, in 100+ transactions, despite perhaps (or not) being the asshole
most of you presume that I am, I have yet to leave negative feedback for
anyone.  But, then again, I've been really lucky with this here *Bay thang.
Maybe I'm just an easy mark.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from