[OM] Re: Sending an Olympus on a world trip- !! modestproposal !!

Subject: [OM] Re: Sending an Olympus on a world trip- !! modestproposal !!
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:16:53 -0800
PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service wrote:

>How about finding the oldest, earliest original OM-1 body we can?  Not an
>original "M-1" of course (value would be too high), but a old non-MD body,
>early '70's vintage.

Interesting idea, but I Andrew already has a 35RC lined up and plans to
start rather soon.

Maybe for the next one? My mid '73 manufacture non MD, 206,8xx could be
game, but would need a CLA before such a long and important trip. I'ts
never had a CLA since I bought it new, although it's seen little use
since the OM-2n came to live with us. I've cleaned up the prism, but not
done the foam yet. The wind is smooth and all speeds sound pretty good,
but who knows what the actual speeds are.

Moose