[OM] Re: Figuring out depth of field with 4/3 adaptor

Subject: [OM] Re: Figuring out depth of field with 4/3 adaptor
From: jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 10:37:43 -0600
Quoting Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxx>:

> Does going digital make folks grumpy or something?

Was wondering about that myself.  I thought your explanation
was quite clear, though I hadn't yet figured out how to
apply it to the situation with the adapter, which I guess is
going to be a task at hand for me.  The UPS stork drops off
my new E-1 baby today.  And I have to work late, again ...

I'm more empirically inclined anyway and will probably test
test test.  You can't use any sort of DOF scale meaningfully
if you can't focus, which is what I am mainly concerned
about with the Zuikos on an E-1. That's one of the nice
things about the relatively instantaneous feedback of
digital capture.  (It's not really instantaneous, because
you have to get the files out of the camera and into the
computer and look at them in Photoshop or other Holy Grail
image editor. But there really are no good excuses for not
trying things.)

On the positive side, completely unrelated, it looks like
the Vols got a pretty good coach coming in: Bruce Pearl.
He's got some interesting baggage from his days at Iowa. It
will be fun to watch, I hope.

Joel W.