[OM] Re: Figuring out depth of field with 4/3 adaptor

Subject: [OM] Re: Figuring out depth of field with 4/3 adaptor
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 12:24:35 +1000

> Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> So I modify my request. Anybody know what Circles of least confusion*
> Oly uses to calculate DOF for the E-1 and E300? Then one may use
> existing DOF calculators that run on larger platforms to do the
> calculations and print them out.

Shouldn't all this stuff be built into the camera ?

Camera knows what lens is attached and what aperture it will select, knows what
distance it is focussed at, all this plus the DOF could be displayed on the LCD.

The camera should also be able to handle hyperfocal focussing too, after all
it's just
software (firmware).

...Wayne

Wayne Harridge