[OM] Re: Figuring out depth of field with 4/3 adaptor

Subject: [OM] Re: Figuring out depth of field with 4/3 adaptor
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 21:07:16 -0800
AG Schnozz wrote:

>I believe 0.015mm will get you in the neighborhood.

So double the necessary magnification for any given print size means
half the CoC size. Makes sense.

>I've tended to go just a little bit tighter with my calculations
>as the "normal" DoF CoC leaves me wanting.

Yup, one of the things I was trying to make clear in my 'grumpy' post is
that DOF is really subjective in the end. And that all the calculations
are based, however far back, on people looking at prints and deciding
what is "sharp enough".

>For example, With the markings on our beloved Zuikos, I usually go to the next
>stop.

Since I have 20/10 acuity in one eye, I also tend to find the DOF
markings on lenses not adequate. DOF markings and tables are a good
guide, but not the final word.

Moose