[OM] Re: MR-9 battery adapter bulk buy - for Aussies

Subject: [OM] Re: MR-9 battery adapter bulk buy - for Aussies
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 20:15:33 +1000
At 08:59 PM 29/03/2005 -0800, you wrote:
>Andrew McPhee wrote:
>
> >This message is directed at Australian list members.
> >
>And yet here I am replying....
>
>Sounds like a great idea. I just thought I'd warn you tht CRIS changed
>the adapter slightly a couple of years ago. The old ones were designed
>for 357/SR44 size bateries, 5.4mm high. The new ones are designed for
>batteries the same diameter, but only 4.2mm high. They recommend a 386
>battery, high drain. The 301, low drain battery will also fit, and
>should work fine with OM-1(n)s, as they don't put any significant drain
>on their batteries.
>
>I know some people are using the later MR-9 with 357s. I do remember a
>post about trouble with an MR-9 on an OM-1 that was resolved by getting
>the correct battery.
>
>Just thought I might help avoid frustration when they arrive and buyers
>don't have the correct battery.
>
>Moose

Thanks for the advice Moose.

Darn it, I just bought a quantity of 303/357 batteries via Bill Barber, now
I find the latest version of the MR-9 doesn't suit them!  Such is my luck...

I'll try the 357's anyway, I'll just be careful about installing the
battery cap too tight.

I did a search of the archives and found these messages of some relevance:

http://lists.tako.de/html/Olympus-OM/2002-08/msg00194.html