[OM] Re: WTS 50mm Mamiya Lens

Subject: [OM] Re: WTS 50mm Mamiya Lens
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 20:02:59 +0000
I really hope I don't come across as a gear braggart.  The original and still
most-used Crown Graphic I bought new in 1962.  All the other stuff came
gradually over the course of 50 years.  The only "new" stuff I have bought in
the last few years was the 100/5.6 APO-Symmar just before Schneider
discontinued it (it may well be the best lens I've ever used) and the 120/5.6
APO-Symmar I got on *Bay a few months back.  I didn't even list all the other
lenses I don't use much that also fit the 6x9 Graphics, but they all came to me
at a rate of less than one a year, most as bargains or in trades.  Now that I'm
a "senior," it's all just turned into a veritable plethora of stuff, an actual
glut of gear, trapped in overflowing cabinets by my reluctance to sell any of
it.  That's going to change soon, though.

Might I inquire?  Have you ever beheld the wonder of a 6x9 Velvia tranny, been
awed by the detail in an 11x14 print from 6x9 Provia 100F?  Then let me tell
you what you're missing and offer you an opportunity to acquire some marvelous
equipment.  I can make you a real good deal, particularly if you've got cash.
Don't let the age of the gear or of the seller deter you from this fantastic,
once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to own some of the best.  What digital doo-dad
you might spend your hard-earned money on today will be worth a fiddler's fart
in 50 years?  Why, anything made today will have been in a landfill for at
least 40 years by then.  But his equipment has endured for half a century and
will only appreciate with each passing day, and you will appreciate it with
each passing day as it takes you into the realm of photographic excellence.
Act now!  Supplies are limited.

I also take PayPal, postal money orders and cashier's checks.  :-)

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --