[OM] Re: In today's news...

Subject: [OM] Re: In today's news...
From: Stephen Troy <sctroy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 14:12:26 -0500
Sorry - I cut off the first paragraph.

------

"Even if we achieve modest success in digital home appliances, where the
pace of technological progress is so rapid, we could lose our lead at any
time," explained a spokesperson for Matsushita Electric Industrial Co, Ltd
of Japan. "Now that we've achieved a degree of success in compact cameras,
we think it's time to build a powerful brand name in the field."
Matsushita, buoyed by the success of its DMC-FX7 compact camera with
optical wobble-correction mechanism, plans to ship single-lens reflex (SLR)
digital cameras with interchangeable lenses in 2006. The cameras will
comply with the "four thirds system" mounting standard pushed by Olympus
Optical Co, Ltd of Japan, and the firms will jointly develop products and
key components.