[OM] Lens cleaning

Subject: [OM] Lens cleaning
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 19:30:58 +0000
This ain't related to the miracle of digital photography, but has some
application there, too.

At long last I have found a commercial lens cleaner that really works, and I've
tried and cussed and thrown away more than I can remember.  It cleans better
than either of my old stand-bys, Windex and denatured alcohol, comes in a
convenient, real glass spray bottle that doesn't leak, and leaves lenses and
filters sparking clean with no trace of residue.  Throw away that crappy Kodak
stuff, which shouldn't even be called lens cleaner, but, instead, "glass
streaker" or "crud smearer."  And toss out that crummy lens cleaning tissue,
too, and those shoe-shine cloths some folks are actually able to convince a few
photographs are good for lens cleaning, over and over and over again.

And this really great stuff is what? I hear you asking.  Well, it's about what
you would expect when the name on the bottle is Zeiss.  A $5 box of 280
Kimwipes and a 3 oz., $6.50 bottle of this stuff should keep the lenses and
filters of all but the sloppiest photographers or the most compulsive
lens-cleaning neatniks clean and clear for a long time.

Highly recommended.  Would I steer you wrong?

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --