[OM] Re: First show off picture from the E-1

Subject: [OM] Re: First show off picture from the E-1
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 23:03:53 -0600
At 07:34 PM 4/1/2005 -0800, you wrote:
>On my last overseas trip I decided to take my DSLR
>instead of digicam and found it was no burden at all.

On my recent business trip to Honolulu, I took C-8080 and the L$mix
everywhere I went in a Domky journalist bag.  One big front pocket held the
superwide TC for the C-8080 and the other the batteries, filters, etc.  I
walked a lot miles with that kit.  Never got out the tripod except for some
night shots.

The E-1 is a hefty beast.  With the now-much-longed-for 7-14mm and a
55-200mm I'd cover a similar range as the digicam kit, but I don't think
I'd be able to cover the same miles or leave the tripod at home.  I also
got several photos I wanted by holding the camera up over the top of a
chain-link fence and composing via the LCD.  I'd not have gotten those
shots with the E-1 at all.

The biggest drawback of the EVF is the difficulty of composing in bright
sunlight.

But all in all I think I would do everything again just as I did it.  No
regrets.

Joel W.