[OM] Re: Another One Out Of The Closet

Subject: [OM] Re: Another One Out Of The Closet
From: Stephen Troy <sctroy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 08:39:39 -0500
At 05:19 AM 4/2/2005 -0600, Garry D. Lewis wrote:
>However, every day more and more of this community has been turning into a
>E-1 digital appreciation club. Being an analog kind of guy, I can no longer
>remain.

Most unfortunate.  But I believe if this list doesn't evolve, it will die.
To evolve, we must keep up with the times.  Five years from now, there will
probably be drastically fewer people using OM cameras, and this list will
have lost much of its relevance - and members.  How long can we keep
discussing how many versions fo the 50/1.8 exist?  With the e-sif and Mark
Dapoz' web site, all the possible OM information is pretty much available
to anyone who Googles for it, so there would be little reason to keep the
list going if that's all we are going to talk about.

One of the impressive qualities of this list is that when someone new asks
a question about OM cameras that we've all heard a thousand times, it is
politely and helpfully answered.  I'd like to see this continue, but that
means the list must go on.  Hopefully, we can build the same expertise in
Olympus Digital as we have in OM.

I'm all for discussing *everything* and *anything* Olympus.  Adding the
E-system to our discussions will keep the list alive and interesting.  I
find it easy enough to just skip the messages that don't interest me (guns,
SUV's, etc.).

Steve Troy