[OM] Re: First show off picture from the E-1

Subject: [OM] Re: First show off picture from the E-1
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 15:37:01 -0800 (PST)
"R.Jackson" wrote:
> I like the Olympus products, but they still
> haven't really introduced anything that would convince me to
> stay with them.

For me, it came down to a price/performance ratio. I couldn't
wait any longer to get a DSLR.  One kiloclams got me a decent
system that sorta takes my old OM lenses.

As to what does Olympus bring to the table?  I believe the
ultrasonic sensor cleaner function is highly underrated. So is
the sensor's native color response and blooming protection. RAW
files converted using VueScan show all of the ugliness of the
sensor output. It's amazing how much closer the Olympus file is
to reality than my M*nolta or sample Canon and Nikon files.

Otherwise, I agree.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com