[OM] US-only Auctions, was Tamron 35-105/2.8 $185

Subject: [OM] US-only Auctions, was Tamron 35-105/2.8 $185
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 14:38:55 +0100
I cannot understand how PayPal can be so attractive to sellers, unless
the charges are lower in the USA than in the UK. I would use the
British Nochex but for the fact that there is no published complaints
sytem  and my experience with signing on with PayPal (under duress
because some chap in Florida did not recognise the currency in an
auction I set in 2001!) has put me off giving me details to any
internet finance house without a proper set of rules for the protection
of the consumer.

  But selling to the US is not attractive at present with the weakness
of USD.  I could not imagine someone paying > USD400 for a 35-105 as
someone in the UK has just done ...

Chris