[OM] Re: A brief return to film

Subject: [OM] Re: A brief return to film
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 16:18:41 +0100
David

Welcome to the List and congratulations on having led your daughter
along the true path of photography ;-).

There are many people on the List who will be only too glad to help you
with A) and C); help with B) probably won't be necessary, but advice is
always forthcoming if you only ask.

There are several people on the List whose "zuikoholism" is almost out
of control and who will have a spare OM body lying around ready for an
enthusiast to buy; and the prices will be very reasonable.  There is
probably no point in my offering you anything as i am in the UK and the
dollar is too weak for prices to be reasonable from Europe; but someone
will offer you something tasty from the US, from Texas in particular
... ;-)  Bill, where are you?

Chris

On 3 Apr 2005, at 14:50, David Reed wrote:

> To all;
>  From a former OM2n owner.  In 1980 I bought my first pro outfit. At
> that time I worked as an assistant electrician on motion picture film
> crews and had access to the 'tails' of the film used in the Panavision
> Panaflex cameras. Nice stuff for general work, and getting slides as
> well as negatives was very useful. It was Kodak film but I forget the
> number.

snip
> I have never owned another SLR.
>
> Today, my 16 year old daughter announced she will be taking a
> photography class next year, her senior year.
> She is a serious person and does not bounce from one idea to the next.
> She has always shared my love of photography and has seen my work, and
> reads the Kodak book I bought for her, lo these many years ago.
>
> She says she needs a film camera.  I ,of course, recommened that which
> know, an OM2n.  When I went looking for current info on them, I find
> that Olympus no longer offers one, at least there is no info on them at
> olympus.com.

snip
> Any tips, suggestions or ideas you would like to offer would be greatly
> appreciated.
> Arguments for or against a digital unit vs a film unit are also hepful,
> as this is question she will face.
>
> Sincerely, Lindseys' dad,
>
> David Reed

~~ >-)-