[OM] Re: E-1, Black on Black firmware update screen

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1, Black on Black firmware update screen
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 18:53:02 EDT

In a message dated 4/3/2005 2:36:01 PM Central Standard Time,
bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

This  time when I got to Firmware update, all I had
to do was click on the check  for updates button for the screen to go black.

Any  ideas?

Have you tried prayer?

I spent a good part of Friday updating both my software and firmware.   Being
the expert I am at things electronic, I called Olympus e-1 support at  their
800 number.  Well, actually if I must tell the truth, I called 4 or 5  times
and each time they were very helpful.  I got everything done on both  my
computers, my camera and the lenses which needed updating.  This was the  first
time
I had done this since getting the camera a little over a year  ago.  Next
time will be easier.

One of the techs did suggest that if I really screwed it up, I'd have to
send it back to them for them to reinstall everything, which might explain why
called them so many times.  I did try to do mine with a firewire connection
and was not successful until I used the USB 2 cord and I have absolutely no
explanation why one worked and the other didn't.

My idea, would be to call tech support and let them walk me through  it.  I
know you are a guy and guys don't like to ask directions, but  if you close the
door to your computer room, speak softly and turn off  the lights, no one
will know.   [8^)  Bill  Barber