[OM] Re: Lens cleaning

Subject: [OM] Re: Lens cleaning
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 14:30:45 +1200
Steve and Chris wrote

> Chris Barker wrote:
>
> > Kimwipes Walt?  Surely this is too late in the day for an April Fool?
>
> Kimwipes is a brand of tissues sold by KIMberly-Clark (the Kleenex
> folks). I've generally seen them in industrial settings (shops,
> laboratories, etc.). They're pretty much high-grade paper and that's
> it. They'd be quite good for cleaning lenses!
>
> Steve

While I'm miserly about camera batteries, stuff for cleaning lenses is
something that has to be A1, in my opinion.  I've seen too many lenses with
cleaning marks due to careless cleaning. Not to mention my own plastic
spectacle lenses that are scratched through years of cleaning with soft
cotton handkerchiefs.

I use nothing less than either Olympus paper lens cleaning tissue (big box
has gone missing) or the current special lens cleaning microfibre cloth.  For
me, anything else is too risky.

Brian