[OM] Remote OM TTL Flash with Nikon/Cannon Flashes etc.

Subject: [OM] Remote OM TTL Flash with Nikon/Cannon Flashes etc.
From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 04:14:05 -0700 (PDT)
The Ikelight Litelink :
http://www.ikelite.com/web_pages/lite_link.html
allows you to use older model (non-digital) Nikon (SB23 etc) or Cannon TTL
flashes, with OM TTL flash control when operated as slaves to an Oly flash.
This must be one of the cheapest ways (~$100) to get a remote TTL slave if you
already own a Nikon or Cannon flash.

I bought an as-is Litelink unit from KEH for <$10 and replaced the flakey
switch. With the addition of about 6 parts and a 5 pin oly flash connector I
converted the signals to T series. It really works quite well.  One issue is if
you do not use identical flashes the ratio of light between the two flashes may
vary a bit with flash level, even though the overall exposure is correct.

The radio links are a lot more expensive , and most do not support Oly.

Tim Hughes