[OM] Re: US-only Auctions, was Tamron 35-105/2.8 $185

Subject: [OM] Re: US-only Auctions, was Tamron 35-105/2.8 $185
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 19:14:58 +0100
Yes.  People who pay with PP normally use a credit or debit card (do
you have debit cards in the USA?).  The fee is passed on to the seller,
quite reasonably I suppose, except that debit cards levy a lower fee
than credit cards and that is not reflected in PP's pricing.  But the
stinger is in the exchange rate that they charge when you choose to
withdraw the proceeds to your bank account.  It also takes a week to
get the money ... :-(

If I sell something on the bay I don't advertise my account with PP; if
someone asks to use PP, I agree to do so on the condition that  we
share the costs.

Chris