[OM] Re: WTB Flash cable E-300 to T32

Subject: [OM] Re: WTB Flash cable E-300 to T32
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 06:21:02 +0100
I cannot think which cable you would use James, unless you bought a
Bounce Grip 2 and used the PC cord in its base to connect to the E-300
(has it a PC socket?).

If you are intent on using the built-in flash for fill-in, why not use
a wireless set up?  You could buy a T32 and a slave cell to slide onto
the flash's shoe, or go the whole hog and buy a slave-capable flash
like the Metz 34 CS-2 digital.  This has three settings in Auto: normal
Auto which you could use if it were set in the hot shoe of the camera
(any camera); Slave 1 in which it is triggered by your built-in flash;
and Slave 2 in which it is triggered by your built-in flash, but it
also ignores any autofocus flashing before the main flash.  I have used
mine for all sorts of simple lighting setups and it is great.

Chris